Monday, November 28, 2011

Go Healthy Go Natural

Although I am not religious when it comes to choosing organic stuffs, my eagerness to develop a deeper knowledge about it drove me into this. 
The big realization is that,  "God created everything naturally on purpose."
 God did not create medicines in tablets nor foods in cans or in wrappers - He made plants, He made trees..He made everything natural. 
Well,  I guess the best way to stay healthy is by choosing nature, choosing organic!

Homemade Muesli
Muesli was introduced to me by a mentor from a training I attended just recently. It was homemade by her (my, she makes a very good recipe).  

Very delicious especially on cold milk for breakfast. It can always sustain me until lunch.
 It is rich in fiber, it "sweeps" the colon of undesirable waste products. It also contains antioxidants that neutralizes the effects of free radicals which are by-products of metabolism and are a major cause of premature aging and other disease conditions of the body. Ingredients include uncooked rolled oats, honey, fruits and nuts.
Tropical Hibiscus | Locally known in the Philippines as "Gumamela flower"
Little did I know that Hibiscus flower (Hibiscus Sabdariffa) has health benefits. Studies have shown that drinking hibiscus tea can lower blood pressure and blood cholesterol levels,, cool! and yes! it is already clinically proven.
Coconut, locally termed "buko" in the Philippines, can be found everywhere in tropical countries... Our family actually grow it on our small yard.
Every time I would google the benefits and wonders of this fruit, the list just keeps getting longer. The Juice of this fruit is my favorite part! "BUKO JUICE" 
Cinnamon Barks
My cousin brought home these cinnamon barks from Indonesia.
Surprised I was to discover that cinnamon contains abundant health benefits. It has a regulatory effect on blood sugar, making it especially beneficial for people with Type 2 diabetes. When added to food, it inhibits bacterial growth and food spoilage, making it a natural food preservative.
And this is what interests me the most, Cinnamon also aids in weight loss (how cool is that?). Cinnamon creates a chemical reaction. When it is consumed, the body actually reacts chemically to digest cinnamon. This reaction speeds up metabolism in order to offset the extra heat that is occurring as a result of the cinnamon. When metabolism speeds up, you are burning more calories and you will lose weight more quickly. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

RATES

Please click for Package Rates: rjandleahphotography | rates